- Wörthersee: This is a beautiful lake located just outside of Klagenfurt. It is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and sunbathing.
- Lindwurmbrunnen: This is a famous fountain located in the center of Klagenfurt. It features a dragon-like creature called a lindworm, which is the symbol of the city.
- Landhaus: This is a beautiful Renaissance palace located in the center of Klagenfurt. It is now home to the Carinthian State Government.
- Minimundus: This is a miniature park that features scaled-down models of famous buildings and landmarks from around the world.
- Dom zu Klagenfurt: This is the main church in Klagenfurt, and it is known for its stunning Baroque interior.
- Robert Musil Literatur Museum: This museum is dedicated to the life and work of the famous Austrian writer Robert Musil.
- Botanischer Garten Klagenfurt: This is a beautiful botanical garden located on the outskirts of the city. It features a wide range of plant species from around the world.
- Museum Moderner Kunst Kärnten: This museum features modern and contemporary art from Austria and around the world.
- Europapark: This is a beautiful park located on the outskirts of Klagenfurt. It features walking paths, gardens, and beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Maria Loretto Castle: This is a beautiful castle located on the shores of Lake Wörthersee. It is known for its beautiful gardens and stunning views of the lake.
- Klagenfurt City Gallery: This gallery features contemporary art from Austria and around the world.
- Stadttheater Klagenfurt: This is a beautiful theater that hosts a wide range of cultural events, including theater performances, concerts, and dance performances.
What about the other state capitals of Austria?
Since Austria is composed of 9 states, we also have 9 state capitals and each of them features interesting sights to explore.
In our series "12 must-see attractions", we list some of them:
By the way, when I was in Klagenfurt, I found this stencil graffiti on a construction fence. I think it is worth sharing:
Wer sich an die 80er erinnern kann, hat sie nicht miterlebt. - Falco
Those who remember the eighties, did not experience them. - Falco
Kinda deep. However I was a bit young then for the things he implies. Though I could say the same about the late 90s.
|Malachite: The Striking Green Gemstone of Transformation|
Malachite, with its vibrant green hues and distinctive patterns, is a semiprecious gemstone that has fascinated individuals for thousands of years.
|Lapis Lazuli: The Royal Gemstone of Wisdom|
Lapis Lazuli, with its deep blue color and golden flecks, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been esteemed for its beauty and symbolism since ancient times.
|Labradorite: The Magical Gemstone of Transformation|
Labradorite, with its enchanting play-of-color and mysterious allure, is a semiprecious gemstone that has fascinated individuals for centuries.
|Jasper: The Earthy Gemstone of Strength|
Jasper, with its diverse range of colors and patterns, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been revered for its unique beauty for ages.
|Moonstone: The Mystical Gemstone of Tranquility|
Moonstone, with its ethereal shimmer and milky appearance, is a semiprecious gemstone that has enchanted individuals for centuries.
|Turquoise: The Timeless Gemstone of Serenity|
Turquoise, with its captivating blue-green hue, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been cherished for thousands of years.
|Topaz: The Radiant Gemstone of Clarity|
Topaz, with its dazzling brilliance and range of colors, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been admired for its beauty for ages.