Here are 12 must-see attractions you need to visit when you are in Salzburg, Austria:
- Hohensalzburg Fortress: This iconic fortress is one of the largest medieval castles in Europe and offers stunning views of the city.
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens: These beautiful baroque gardens are home to sculptures, fountains, and manicured lawns.
- Mozart's Birthplace: This museum is dedicated to the life and works of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who was born in Salzburg.
- Getreidegasse: This historic shopping street is home to beautiful architecture and many shops and boutiques (though sadly more and more of these traditional shops have been replaced by international chains lately).
- Salzburg Cathedral: This stunning baroque cathedral features beautiful frescoes and artwork.
- St. Peter's Abbey: This historic abbey dates back to the 7th century and includes a cemetery, catacombs, and beautiful architecture.
- Salzburg Residenz: This former palace of the prince archbishops is now a museum that showcases the history and culture of Salzburg.
- Hellbrunn Palace and Trick Fountains: This beautiful palace features gardens, a park, and a series of trick fountains that are sure to delight visitors.
- Salzburger Altstadt: This charming old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and features beautiful architecture and winding streets.
- Salzburg Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of Salzburg, including art, music, and archaeology.
- Kapuzinerberg: This beautiful hill overlooking Salzburg is a great place for hiking and offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding mountains. By the way, our little tea house lies right in the shadow of this interesting mountain!
- Festival Hall: This iconic concert hall is home to the famous Salzburg Festival and is a must-visit destination for music lovers.
What about the other state capitals of Austria?
Since Austria is composed of 9 states, we also have 9 state capitals and each of them features interesting sights to explore.
In our series "12 must-see attractions", we list some of them:
|Malachite: The Striking Green Gemstone of Transformation|
Malachite, with its vibrant green hues and distinctive patterns, is a semiprecious gemstone that has fascinated individuals for thousands of years.
|Lapis Lazuli: The Royal Gemstone of Wisdom|
Lapis Lazuli, with its deep blue color and golden flecks, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been esteemed for its beauty and symbolism since ancient times.
|Labradorite: The Magical Gemstone of Transformation|
Labradorite, with its enchanting play-of-color and mysterious allure, is a semiprecious gemstone that has fascinated individuals for centuries.
|Jasper: The Earthy Gemstone of Strength|
Jasper, with its diverse range of colors and patterns, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been revered for its unique beauty for ages.
|Moonstone: The Mystical Gemstone of Tranquility|
Moonstone, with its ethereal shimmer and milky appearance, is a semiprecious gemstone that has enchanted individuals for centuries.
|Turquoise: The Timeless Gemstone of Serenity|
Turquoise, with its captivating blue-green hue, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been cherished for thousands of years.
|Topaz: The Radiant Gemstone of Clarity|
Topaz, with its dazzling brilliance and range of colors, is a semiprecious gemstone that has been admired for its beauty for ages.